banner search whats new site index home

Wesley Chapel

Wesley Chapel is a census-designated-place that is part of the Tampa metro area. The Wesley Chapel Post Office is located at 5804 Boyette Road, Wesley Chapel, FL 33545.

Wesley Chapel as described in 1922 [1]

About eight miles west of Zephyrhills and the same distance south of San Antonio is the somewhat scattered but thriving community known by the various names of Double Branch, Gatorville, Godwin, and Wesley Chapel. The last is the official name. The settlement is located on some of the finest farming land in the county, most of it being low and flat, holding moisture well and adapted to almost any kind of general farm crop as well as truck growing. On account of the remoteness of the place and the bum roads over which it is now necessary to transport crops to market, very little trucking has been done but those who have ventured to overcome these handicaps have not only been well repaid for their efforts but have demonstrated that this region is as well adapted to trucking as any other in South Florida and it only needs the building of one or two decent roads so that crops can be carried to market or to a shipping station for Wesley Chapel to come to the front.

  1. C. B. Taylor, Dade City Banner, June, 1922, West Pasco Historical Society, westpascohistoricalsociety.org, accessed December, 2013
Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. • Privacy
Copyright © 1997-2016 • The Gombach Group • www.gombach.com • 23719