banner search whats new site index home

Newberry City

Newberry City Hall is located at 25440 West Newberry Road, Newberry, FL 32669; phone: 352-472-2161.

Hard rock phosphate was discovered in the area in the late 1880s. A post office was established at Newberry in 1894, and the town was incorporated in 1895. Early settlers made a living from timber harvesting. But it was the mining of phosphate which contributed most to the growth of the town in its early days. [www.ci.newberry.fl.us, accessed November, 2015]

**Information is curated from a variety of sources and, while deemed reliable, is not guaranteed.
Copyright © 1997-2018 • The Gombach Group • www.gombach.com • 25472 • Privacy