banner search whats new site index home

Sterling Town

Sterling Town Hall is located at 1183 Plainfield Pike, Oneco CT 06373; phone: 860-564-8488.

The Town of Sterling was incorporated in 1794 and named after a physician, Dr. John Sterling, who promised to build a library in return for the honor. The promise went unfulfilled. The town became densely settled toward the end of the 18th century, in part due to increased travel along the road now known as Route 14A (Plainfield Pike), which was a major link between Rhode Island and central Connecticut.

**Information is curated from a variety of sources and, while deemed reliable, is not guaranteed.
Copyright © 1997-2016 • The Gombach Group • • 1851 • Privacy