banner search whats new site index home

Putnam Town

Putnam Town Hall is located at 126 Church Street, Putnam, CT 06260; phone: 860-963-6807.

Beginnings [1]

The first settler was Richard Evans, from Rehoboth, Massachusetts. In 1693 he purchased 200 acres to the east of the Quinebaug River. The town was incorporated in 1855 and named for Revolutionary War General, Israel Putnam.

  1. Edgar L. Heermance, compiler, The Connecticut Guide: What to See and Where to Find It, Connecticut Emergency Relief Commission, Hartford, 1935.
**Information is curated from a variety of sources and, while deemed reliable, is not guaranteed.
Copyright © 1997-2016 • The Gombach Group • • 1849 • Privacy