- Eastford Center
Eastford Town Hall is located at 16 Westford Road, Eastford, CT 06242; phone: 860-974-0133.
Photo: Benjamin Bosworth House, ca. 1791, John Perry Road, Eastford, CT. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1978. Photographed by User:Magicpiano (own work), 2013, [cc-by-4.0 (creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/deed.en)], via Wikimedia Commons, accessed November, 2015.
Eastford was first settled about 1710. An ecclesiastical society of Eastford was formed in 1777. The town was incorporated in 1847. In the village of Phoenixville, Squire Benjamin Bosworth built a Castle in 1802. He fitted out the 3rd floor as a Masonic Hall. East of the village is the Captain John Newman Sumner House, dating from 1806. Further east is the Benjamin Sumner House built ca. 1789.
- Edgar L. Heermance, compiler, The Connecticut Guide: What to See and Where to Find It, Connecticut Emergency Relief Commission, Hartford, 1935.
**Information is curated from a variety of sources and, while deemed reliable, is not guaranteed.
Copyright © 1997-2017 • The Gombach Group • www.gombach.com
• 1844 • Privacy