Stafford Town Hall is located at 1 Main Street, Stafford Springs CT 06076; phone: 860-684-1765.
Stafford was sold to prospective settlers by the Colony, largely to raise funds for Yale College. The town was incorporated in 1719, the same year of settlement. It was named for a town in central England. Stafford Springs was chartered as a Borough in 1873, taking its name from the mineral springs known to the Indians; it developed as a resort after the American Revolution. [The borough and the town were consolidated in 1991.]