The Hebron Town Hall is located at 15 Gilead Street, Hebron CT 06248; phone: 860-228-5971.
Hebron was first settled around 1704, largely by families from Windsor. It was incorporated as a town in 1708. The name is Biblical. Hebron is associated with Samuel Peters of "blue law" fame, and Governor John S. Peters, and supplied Vermont with Governor William A. Palmer
In the village of Amston was home to a silk mill before the Civil War.
In the first decades of the 19th century, Hebron Center was becoming the town center for the adjacent farmland area. A Congregational church was located there, and many of the town's craftsmen, businessmen, and professional people had settled around the village common. After 1800 the major roads to Portland, Windham, and Colchester were all improved by turnpike companies. The turnpikes brought more travelers to the village and also opened up wider markets for the area's agricultural goods. As a result, there was a general increase in trade, and the village's prosperous citizens built themselves several large houses in the Federal style.