Columbia Town Hall is located at 323 Route 87, Columbia CT 06237; phone: 860-228-3284.
Columbia was originally part of Lebanon (New London County) and probably settled about the same time (1695). Because of its shape, the section that became Columbia was known as Lebanon Crank. A parish was organized in 1716 and it was incorporated as a town in 1804. The town has a number of hills offering panoramic views of the countryside.