Montville Town Hall is located at 310 Norwich-New London Turnpike, Uncasville, CT 06382; phone: 860-848-3030.
The area that became Montville was originally an Indian reservation. The first settled was Samuel Rogers who came from New London in 1670. A north parish of New London was organized in 1714. The Town of Montville was incorporated in 1786. The region is hilly and its name is probably a French descriptive. Montville was a seat of Uncas and the Mohegan branch of the Pequot Indians. Governor Winthrop opened a bog-iron mine here at an early date.