Jewett City Borough
Jewett City Borough Hall is located at 28 Main Street, Jewett City CT 06351; phone: 860-376-7060. As of 1995 the Borough has, for most services, been integrated with the Town of Griswold.
The Borough is named for Eleazear Jewett who began a settlement here about 1771. Leveraging the waters of the Pachaug River, he built a grist mill, saw mill, fulling mill, clothier shop, tavern and irrigation plant. The borough was originally known as Pachaug City, after the original Indian name for the area that is now the Town of Griswold.
The borough is about a square mile in size and has approximately 3,200 residents. It is governed by a warden and 4 burgesses. The borough was incorporated in 1895.