Ansonia City Hall is located at 253 Main Street, Ansonia CT 06401; phone: 203-736-5980.
The City of Ansonia was chartered in 1893. The area was first settled around 1651. In 1844, Anson G. Phelps, looking for cheap land on which to site a new factory, started a brass works in a village which he named Ansonia. In 1848 the "Farrels" began to manufacture heavy machinery here. The town which preceded the city was incorporated in 1889 from the neighboring Derby.