Morris Town Hall is located at 3 East Street, Morris, CT 06763; phone: 860-567-7433.
The Town of Morris was named for Major James Morris (1752-1820), a Revolutionary War soldier who in 1790 opened the widely known Morris Academy. The area was part of the Town of Litchfield until set off as a separate town in 1859. Before Morris became a separate town it was part of a separate ecclesiastical society within the Town of Litchfield called the South Farms Ecclesiastical Society. This society was established in 1767.