Kent Town Hall is located at 41 Kent Green Boulevard, Kent, CT 06757; phone: 860-927-3433.
As with the other northwestern towns, shares were sold at auction, entitling the purchasers to take up land under certain conditions. The sale for Kent took place at Windham in March, 1738, the bids to start at £50 per share. The majority of purchasers were from Colchester, with others from Norwalk and Fairfield. Actual settlement began the same year, and the town was incorporated in 1739. The name was taken from the English county of Kent.
Kent may be described as a mountain country, some of it still farmed, cut by a deep river valley with broad bottom lands, adapted to corn and tobacco. There was an important iron industry, and the present town attracted schools and summer homes, with an artist's colony. Macedonia Brook and Kent Falls state parks are found within the Town.