Southington Town Hall is located at 75 Main Street, Southington CT 06489; phone: 860-276-6200.
Southington was incorporated in 1779. Thanks to increased travel along the New Haven Path, the town grew, through the population was moderate. The waterpower provided by the Quinnipiac River (1/2 mile west of Southington Center) hosted grist mills and saw mills proving for the needs of the town. By the end of the 18th century, the mills were producing other products, such as buttons, combs, paper, and variety of metal objects. Many of the late 18th century homes remain today.