Newington Town Hall is located at 131 Cedar Street, Newington, CT 06111; phone: 860-665-8545.
First settled around 1678, a parish was organized in 1713, probably taking its name from Stoke Newington near London, the residence of the Puritan hymn writer, Isaac Watts. The versatile Elisha Williams served as the first minister, until he was called to be rector of Yale in 1726. The town of Newington was incorporated from Wethersfield in 1871. Newington became a virtual suburb of Hartford.