Glastonbury Town Hall is located at 2155 Main Street, Glastonbury, CT 06033; phone: 860-652-7710.
What would become Glastonbury Town had its beginnings in 1636 with several dozen families who settled on the bank of the Connecticut River in what was then Wethersfield. The tract of land they settled was known as Naubuc Farms. Residents won approval for a separate town in 1690, and in 1693 the Town of Glastonbury (or Glassenbury as it was known originally) came into existence. The early settlers "divided up the land into large strips extending eastward from the river, and built their homesteads on the first river terrace, generally along the land that is the present day Main Street."