Burlington Town Hall is located at 200 Spielman Highway, Burlington CT 06013; phone: 860-673-6789.
Burlington was first settled around 1740, organized as the Parish of West Britain in 1774, and incorporated as a town in 1806. The name Burlington may have been derived from 'Bridlington' in Yorkshire, England. Some historians claim it was named for the third Earl of Burlington.
Formerly known as "West Woods" or "West Britain," a section of Farmington, Burlington was first settled by 19 families of the Seventh Day Baptist Church, who came from Westerly, Rhode Island, to seek asylum in the wilderness, and organized a church here, September 18, 1780.