Bloomfield Town Hall is located at 800 Bloomfield Avenue, Bloomfield, CT 06002; phone: 860-769-3500.
Bloomfield lies east of Talcott Mountain. The first settlement was made about 1660, as a part of Windsor, and in 1736 a parish of Wintonbury was organized, named from Windsor, Farmington and Simsbury. In 1835 a town was incorporated from portions of the three other towns. The new descriptive name was suggested at the town meeting by Senator Francis G. Gillette. Bloomfield is rolling hill country, the southern part of which is a suburb of Hartford.
North Bloomfield has many old houses and buildings, including Saint Stephens Church, built in 1806.