Avon Town Hall is located at 60 West Main Street (Route 44), Avon CT 06001; phone: 860-409-4300.
Formerly known as Northington or the north parish of Farmington, Avon was probably settled around 1645. In 1830, after the opening of the Farmington Canal, it was incorporated as a separate town. The name was taken from the river that flows through Stratford, England. Avon consists of a river plain, bordered by mountain ranges on the east and west.