banner search whats new site index home

New Fairfield Town

New Fairfield Town Hall is located at 4 Brush Hill Road, New Fairfield, CT 06812; phone: 203-312-5616.

Beginnings [1]

New Fairfield was granted by the General Assembly to families from Fairfield, and apparently settled about 1730. The cutting off of "the Oblong" in settlement of the boundary dispute between Connecticut and New York, had contracted the original area. A town was incorporated in 1740. The featured site of New Fairfield is Candlewood Lake, in 1935 the largest lake in the State, created by the Connecticut Light and Power Company in 1927. Many summer homes were built along the shores of the lake.

  1. Edgar L. Heermance, compiler, The Connecticut Guide: What to See and Where to Find It, Connecticut Emergency Relief Commission, Hartford, 1935.
**Information is curated from a variety of sources and, while deemed reliable, is not guaranteed.
Copyright © 1997-2016 • The Gombach Group • www.gombach.com • 1744 • Privacy