New Canaan Town
New Canaan Town Hall is located at 77 Main Street, New Canaan, CT 06840; phone: 203-594-3000.
The parish of Canaan was established in 1731 for the convenience of those people who lived in northeastern Norwalk and northwestern Stamford. The Town of New Canaan was incorporated in 1801. Once the railroad reached New Canaan, wealthy New York City residents began building extravagant summer homes, with many of them, eventually, becoming permanent, daily-commuting residents.