banner search whats new site index home

Monroe Town

Monroe Town Hall is located at 7 Fan Hill Road, Monroe CT 06468; phone: 203-452-2800.

Beginnings [1]

Monroe was settled in 1755 as part of Huntington (Shelton) and the parish of New Stratford organized in 1762. In 1823 the town was incorporated and named for President James Monroe.

A town hall was built at Monroe Center about 1897. It was demolished about 1970, being replaced with a new town hall/library complex.

  1. Edgar L. Heermance, compiler, The Connecticut Guide: What to See and Where to Find It, Connecticut Emergency Relief Commission, Hartford, 1935.
**Information is curated from a variety of sources and, while deemed reliable, is not guaranteed.
Copyright © 1997-2016 • The Gombach Group • • 1742 • Privacy