banner search whats new site index home

Berthoud Town


Berthoud Town Hall is located at 328 Massachusetts Avenue, Berthoud, CO 80513; phone: 970-532-2643.

The town owes its beginnings to Lewis Cross, who in 1872 homesteaded at a point where the Little Thompson Creek was to be crossed by the planned Colorado Central Railroad. Known as Little Thompson, tracks were laid through in 1877 and there emerged a depot, a house and a water tank. The settlement was later named Berthoud in honor of Colorado Central civil engineer E. L. Berthoud. In 1883 the village was physically moved to its present location, to better accommodate a change in the railroad right-of-way. The proprietor behind he "new" town's development was a man named Peter Turner. [History of Berthoud, berthoudcolorado.com,accessed July, 2012.]

Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. • Privacy
Copyright © 1997-2016 • The Gombach Group • www.gombach.com • 16788