Mountain View Town
Mountain View Town Hall is located at 4176 Benton Street, Mountain View, CO 80212; phone: 303-421-7282.
The Denver investment firm of Carleton Ellis and John McDonough platted the Berkeley and Jefferson Addition, from which Mountain View was created, in December 1888. Ellis and McDonough developed John Brisben Walker's Berkeley farm into a residential neighborhood. Berkeley and Jefferson extended from Sheridan Boulevard west to Fenton Street between West 41st and 44th avenues. Streets in the subdivision possessed Spanish and Native American names until Denver's unified street system was adopted in 1897. Lakeside Amusement Park entertained crowds north of Mountain View. The area included 375 people in 1904, when residents petitioned to form the town of Mountain View and incorporated. Supporters won an election to create the town by ten votes. In 1939, the town included dwellings, a church, and a grade school that was part of the Wheat Ridge system. By 1940 the population had increased to 711.