Kiowa Town Hall is located at 404 Comanche Street, Kiowa, CO 80117; phone: 303-621-2366.
First settled as a stagecoach stop ca. 1859, what would become the town of Kiowa was then known as Wendling for the enterprise's founder and operator, Henry Wendling.
The town, at the time known as Middle Kiowa, was designated as the county seat in 1874. The word Middle was dropped from the name when the town was incorporated in 1912.