banner search whats new site index home

Glendora City

Glendora City Hall is located at 116 East Foothill Boulevard, Glendora, CA 91741; phone: 626-914-8200.

Glendora as described in 1939 [1]

Glendora was founded in 1887 by George Whitcomb, a Chicago manufacturer, who coined the name from the word "glen" and his wife's name, "Ledora." The first commercial orange grove here, planted by John Cook in 1866, is still productive.

  1. Federal Writers' Project, Works Progress Administration, California: A Guide to the Golden State, American Guide Series, Hastings House, Publishers, New York, 1939.
**Information is curated from a variety of sources and, while deemed reliable, is not guaranteed.
Copyright © 1997-2018 • The Gombach Group • www.gombach.com • 14771 • Privacy