Berryville City Hall is located at 305 East Madison Avenue, Berryville, AR 72616; phone: 870-423-4414.
The area that would become Berryville was first settled about 1832 by Joel and William Plumlee. Blackburn Henderson Berry bought the Plumlee farm in 1850, opening a store. The same year, blacksmith Arthur A. Baker settled in the area, establishing himself as a doctor, self-taught.
Berry and Baker conspired to create a new town and hired Arnold Champlin to survey a plat consisting of 24 lots. A post office was established in 1852 with Isaac Plumlee serving as the first postmaster. By the beginning of the Civil War Berryville had about 50 houses and 200 residents. Berryville was incorporated in 1876.