Glencoe City Hall is located at 2-1 West Chastain Boulevard, Glencoe, AL 35905; phone: 256-492-1424.
Glencoe's origins derive from a rock quarry located along the Lousiville and Nashville Railroad beginning about 1853. A post office was established in 1877. The city is named for Glencoe, Scotland. Glencoe was incorporated in 1939.
Glencoe straddles the border lying partly in Etowah and partly in Calhoun counties.